Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Bacterial Disorders Forum

House Cat Bite

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
Hi everyone. So about an hour ago my cat bit me. He was laying on me and I had to blow my nose, I did and he must have got startled and bit me. The bite is on the side forehead.

So right after I applied pressure with a paper towel and the bleeding mostly stopped right away, aside from the little tiny bit that comes out when you clean with water. I then wiped it with Hydrogen Peroxide. Then I put some soap and warm water and wiped it with that, put some pressure, and then repeated with the hydrogen peroxide. I then put Bacitracin ointment on it and a band-aid over it. Oh and I had all my shots 4 years ago, so I'm recent on that.

What should I do now? I'll check tomorrow for swelling and anything of that sort, but I do tend to worry about small things so I would just like to know. I've been scratched before like everyone who owns a cat has. I think I've been bit too by accident before and nothing happened.

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 19th, 2010
Oh, and it's an indoor cat who never goes outside if that means anything.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi hbkshowstopper28,

It sounds like you did the right thing. Should heal ok. Just watch out for redness, swelling or fever in that area.

Hope all turns out well.

Zig
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank zigemyster for this post: hbkshowstopper28 

replied December 19th, 2010
Thank you, I'm one of those people who always worries because I go online and read stories how people got infections and had to get IV and stuff from bites.

It wasn't a random bite or anything, I guess I learned that do not blow your nose with a cat laying on you, and I will probably never let him lay on me ever again regardless.

If anyone reads who has been bitten by an indoor cat before I'd like to hear any info, thanks!
|
Did you find this post helpful?