Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

hot spot on ankle

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
i am in my late 40's , i keep getting a feeling of hot on the side of my ankle under the ankle bone, its a very small spot of warmth about the size of a quarter, it comes and goes for no reason, it happens all day, the feeling last like 10 seconds , no pain, no marks on the ankle. i find it very strange. Any idea why this would happen?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tortcmhurley65
|

replied April 5th, 2010
hot spot on ankle
did you by any chance find out why this was happening to your ankle? i have had this same thing happening to me and i''m a 44 yr. old female... it''s JUST like you described and just weird to me....thx for any reply...
|

replied March 17th, 2011
i am 54 and the hot spot started about a month ago. i just got thru "the change" and now this. LOL my body is betraying me. glad to know i'm not the only one but wish i knew what it was.
|

replied March 19th, 2011
Hot Ankle
I'm 23years old and I just started experiencing the same thing..it comes and goes all day but it is not painful nor is my ankle swollen..I remember when I first felt the feeling;I was on the treadmill running..I thought maybe it was because of the type of moisture resistant socks I had on,but the warmth was/is only in my left ankle..and then it comes when i don have any socks on..hmmmm..maybe I should give my ankles time to heal and rest because I have been running every day..I'm happy I'm not the only one who experiences this;but I need to find out what it is because it is not normal.
|

replied April 19th, 2011
hot ankle spot
i'm 31, and have the same thing. i do run daily. but no pain, swelling, or redness. it's only on my left ankle on the inside right under the bone. extra weird! didn't notice it till a month or 2 ago, which is also just after when i started running. wonder if that's the connection?
|

replied January 31st, 2013
Me too. I am 43, it's the left ankle on the outside, about the size of a silver dollar. It is subjectively hot, but not hot to the touch. I notice it about 8 times a day, it last for a minute or two each time.
|

replied March 11th, 2014
I am 51 and curled 2 days ago and started to get this hot spot on my right ankle under the bone about the size of a silver dollar...very strange. Comes and goes for about 10 seconds, no pain or reason for it. Never had it before. Wonder if it's from curling. I do have arthritis and am having hot flashes, but I don't think it's related. Makes me think I am going nuts...LOL glad to hear I am not alone!
|