Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Hot burning feet and sores between toes

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
Hi I have a few problems with my feet. Between 2 of my toes on my left foot I have an open sore which gets very sore when I walk anywhere or get very hot. I have a line accrossy big toenail on my right foot which i believe to be a burr's line. Also when I am walking anywhere especially in hot weather, both feet (mainly my right though) feel like they are burning- it literally feels like I am walking on hot coals. Again it is worse when it is hot bit still happens in cooler weather. It gets to the point where I have to take my shoes and socks off and walk with bare feet sometimes. I do a lot of walking as I don't drive. I wear proper trainers which fit fine. I don't know what to do anymore Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2011
Especially eHealthy
beckihutton,

Do you mean a Beau's line? Beau's lines are deep grooved lines that run from side to side on a fingernail or toenail. They may look like indentations or ridges across the nail plate. Beau's lines can occur in people of all ages and ethnic backgrounds. There are several reasons that one can get Beau's lines.

Most commonly, they are seen in patients where there is a temporary cessation of cell division in the nail matrix. This may be caused by an infection or problem in the nail fold, where the nail begins to form, or it may be caused by an injury to that area. It can also be seen as a reaction to certain medications (but in this case, it usually affects all the nails). This condition was named by a French physician, Joseph Honoré Simon Beau (1806-1865), who first described it in 1846.

The other conditions are very nonspecific and could be caused by a wide variety of disorders. Since it bothers you significantly, you should probably see a podiatrist about it.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: feet, sore feet
Quick Reply