Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

hot acid liquid comes up in my throat!

Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
User Profile
Hello , I would like to know when seeing a doctor what tests should i ask for because i feel sick . Stomach is constantly upset with indigestion acid and burning every now and then if i dont take my nexium for a few days i will get the hot acid liquid that comes up in your throat .My question and concern is when i walk especially stairs or hills or even slightly elevated sidewalks . i have this burningin my chest and throat feels tight and dry and cold almost liek i been running in the cold .Is it heart,ashtma or my stomach .Inever had an ashtma attack but i took a test after a myomectomy done in 2004 beacuase i had a lung infection after surgery . i wanted to know more about thyroid disease too.This past year i had new symptoms such as hives welts and very crampy dull extreme leg and arm aches all at different times apart . my temp is alot 96-97 i feel cold alot and sometimes really tired or cant sleep . i have extreme leg jerks twitches and skin crawly itches at night too thanx

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2011
Acid Reflux Answer A21250
Hello and thank you for posting your health query on E health Forum.

Based on the history, it seems that you might have developed some gastritis or a peptic ulcer disease.

You can take symptomatic therapy with antacids (tums, mylanta, etc) and acid reducing medications ( Omeprazole ) for 1 -2 weeks and you might get relieved of all your symptoms.

If symptoms not resolved you can consult a gastroenterologist for definitive diagnosis.

Tests will depend on the physical examination findings and include barium studies, endoscopic studies, tests for H Pylori infection, etc.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.