Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Horrible stomach pain.

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
(Known) Symptoms;

> Stomach discomfort/mild pain at random times during the day. It seems to be constant, just at different levels. They last anywhere from a few minutes to 20 or so minutes, typically 5-7 times a day.
> What feels like indigestion/gas after eating, it doesn't seem to matter what food and usually not how much of it.
> Frequent bowel movements (2-3 times a day, 2 on average). Not diarrhea as of late, but the consistency changes often; Sometimes it's small pellets, other times it's logs, sometimes they float, sometimes they don't.
> Not sure if this is related, but it also feels like a constant heart murmur in my heart. There is no discomfort but it still feels odd. This has been happening for a few days now, just recently. I can breathe normally but it still worries me.

The only things that help are laying down and applying head to the area as-well as trying to use the bathroom. None of these help prevent it, only help soothing it. I've tried ibuprofen, which didn't help at all, and I've also tried Beano, which barely seemed to help.

These problems started about 2 months ago and haven't gotten better since. I don't know exactly what triggered it, if anything, but shortly before I had a very bad episode of gas/diarrhea. Then it just persisted in a milder form and has done so since.

While the discomfort isn't very painful, it's been preventing me from going places and doing things. When I tried going places I'd more often than not get one of these attacks in the car, and it would not go away until was able to go home and get to a bathroom or something. The discomfort is probably a 4 on a pain scale.

70% of the time it also causes me to get hot-- not sweaty, but internally hot. Slightly nauseous as-well.

I would have visited the Doctor by now, but as I said, I know I would get an attack during this time (it's a 20 minute drive there and back, plus about 20-40 minutes in the waiting room.. you get the idea). I know I really should see a Doctor, but I am hoping to at-least find a potential fix/something to help lessen the discomfort, if not help figure out what it is.

Any help is much appreciated.

Extra details if needed:

I'm 17, female, probably around 95-97 pounds, roughly 5'5'' and also anemic, though last I checked my anemia was getting better. My weight is due to a fast metabolism/lack of appetite, though I eat as often as I can; fruits, veggies, grains, meats.. this stomach problem has also been making it hard to eat as you can imagine, and gaining weight is a big priority.
Did you find this post helpful?
|