Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

honeycomb pattern on leg (Page 1)

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
For the last few months I've noticed these honeycomb patterns appear on my thighs. They appear like as if I just put something of a honeycomb shape on my leg and then took it off, just like that it disappears. I also just started really running races lately so I don't know if that's connected to these weird patterns. I can't find anything about this elsewhere so I'm hoping someone here can help. If you know what this is or how I can stop it I would appreciate your response. Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tryth
|

replied July 15th, 2009
Hi, I woke up on Friday July 10th looked in the mirror and I had a perfect honeycomb red pattern on the front of my shoulder, it almost looked like someone had tatooed it on me. The shapes were perfect hexagons six of them with one in the center. It was larger than the size of a quarter. No pain, no itching nothing. Mine lasted over 4 days and is now finally fading. I went to my doctor who had never seen anything like it or had any explanation either. So, maybe you could go to your doctor or somehow we can find out what in the world this is, I must say it is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me. Let me know here if you find out anything. I did take a photo of mine so people who didn't see it will believe me. Puzzled.
|

replied July 7th, 2011
honeycomb burn pattern on skin
Please can you tell me if you have a new mattress a silent night miracoil possibly because my mum keeps getting the same thing as you and there is a similar pattern on her sometimes but also on the mattress. Hers is like burn.
|

replied September 20th, 2011
I got the same thing. I have a top pillow mattress that slips over my mattress like a fitted sheet. But I've been sleeping on it for 4 years. This is the first time this has happened. Like the first guy said, it was as if I laid on a honeycomb all night. The pattern was only impressed in my skin. I took a pic. It was on my right thigh and left shoulder. It wasnt a tattoo nor a burn like the others I'm reading.
|

replied January 31st, 2012
No I don't have that mattress or any type of bedding that would have caused the marks.
|

replied June 15th, 2013
Livedo Reticularis - that's probably what you have. Look it up on google pics.I found that answer way down on this thread and looked it up myself, turns out It is what I have so thanks to the person for posting it!
|
Users who thank tryth for this post: Nicwinn35 

replied September 15th, 2009
Honeycomb Rash
I had the same exact thing happen to me this past weekend. I was at my son's football game, out in the sun and I was overdressed so very overheated. I used the restroom and saw a perfect honeycomb rash on my thigh. The total rash was about 5 inches in diameter and perfect hexagons. Mine dissipated after getting out of the heat and cooling down in about an hour. I did do something very different that morning -- ingested some herbal supplements Tang Kuei, Passionflower, Ashwagandha, only to mention a few. I had not mixed three supplements before. I have chalked it off to that and the overheated state. It has recurred -- and I haven't mixed the supplements. But is was the strangest looking thing. Maybe I should stick to what is approved by the FDA.
|

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2009
unexplained pattern on skin
Mee too. Like a pattern of small diamond shapes. Has been coming and going for several months now. No itching or pain or anything. Right shoulder blade....although occasionally also left shoulder blade....nowhere else. Looks just like someone took a brand to me. I too took a picture with my cell phoe just for proof. I work in a hospital. I've got to find someone to ask about this. About 3-1/2" x 2".
|

replied September 22nd, 2009
I too had this issue. Since no one else could answer, I kept thinking and thinking. I keep a small heater at my feet at work. For a couple of weeks it was just the outside of my left leg (which is where the heater is), the I noticed a faint pattern on the inside of my right. The projection of the wire mesh that covers the elements magnified and burned the pattern onto my leg(s). Interesting.
|
Users who thank Ms_T for this post: Siekogirl 

replied June 14th, 2011
Hi Ms_T. I have the same thing on my leg and also use a hearter at work that is on the floor hitting my legs. Is your heater a Lakewood model?
|
Users who thank honeycomb_girl for this post: Siekogirl 

replied July 7th, 2011
by any chance have you slept on a mattress which is a silent night miracoil pocket cirrus airflow mattress ? or a mattress that is similar - have you had a look at the pattern on the actual mattress ?
|

replied October 24th, 2011
Mine is a Titan, though all or most have some kind of wiring in the front. I bet if others think about it, even the mattresses have a pattern. If they didn't get it before, maybe it's because the mattress is more worn now and the coil/spring underneath is creating the pattern. Just a thought.
|

replied January 31st, 2012
Honeycomb pattern
No, mine is a Titan. I'm sure they're all similar with a mesh-like covering.
|

replied October 22nd, 2011
Thank you! I have the same thing on my ankle that I figured was from me sitting on my leg while on the computer, but then it didn't go away. I started typing in honeycomb skin and "Honeycomb Skin disease" came up. It made me nervous until I saw your post and realized that is exactly what it is.
|

replied February 29th, 2012
Honeycomb pattern on leg
I haven't had the issue since I stopped placing my leg so close to the element.
|

replied December 3rd, 2009
Honeycombv shaped rash
A lot of questions but no answers. My daughter has a honeycomb resembling rash on both of her legs, across her lap. There is no burning, itching, or pain.
|

replied June 8th, 2011
honeycomb rash
I'm having the same problem with a perfect honeycomb shaped rash on my skin. started on my stomach and has now moved to cover my entire back and upper legs. no pain or itching but I have had night sweats and pain in my muscles in last couple of months. mine have been with me for 4 months now and Dr has put me on anti-fugal treatments and nothing has helped. I hope someone can figure out what it is, summer is here and I don't want anyone to see this!
|

replied July 7th, 2011
what mattress does she sleep on ???
|

replied September 20th, 2011
Do you have a pic? I have a pic of mine. Maybe we can exchange emails.
|

replied December 31st, 2012
I just noticed this on my arm this morning. Wasn't there when I woke up... I also have a picture... So weird.
|

replied July 22nd, 2011
Honeycomb pattern on palm
My son has a honeycomb pattern on the palm of his hand that looks like a burn, but he says it doesn't hurt.. He's 2 so if he had grabbed something that burned him, I would have heard about it. Very odd. His brother has a check up on Tuesday, suppose he shall have to tag along so I can get a 2 for 1 visit! Anyone else have it on their palm?
|

replied July 22nd, 2011
Honeycomb pattern on palm
My son has a honeycomb pattern on the palm of his hand that looks like a burn, but he says it doesn't hurt.. He's 2 so if he had grabbed something that burned him, I would have heard about it. Very odd. His brother has a check up on Tuesday, suppose he shall have to tag along so I can get a 2 for 1 visit! Anyone else have it on their palm?
|

replied September 12th, 2011
Can yall say.....ALIEN ABDUCTION??!! My markings were like the ones from the original post. As if I just laid on a honeycomb. No rash. On my inner right thigh and left shoulder.
|

replied September 23rd, 2011
honey comb shaped rash/annular hive like things
I am a 21 year old who has had a honey combed shape (ITCHY,tingling, burning) rash/hive like things all over my body for a week and a half, it was preceded by a flu like illness. It's finally gone away enough that its not completely unbearable (the itching).The doctor first thought it was hives to the antibiotic, but now she thinks it is fifths disease (not as bad as it sounds its a childhood virus), as I have passed it on to my roommate, I have to go back in and see her tomorrow.
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2012
Wow, I have this pattern on my inner thighs, I had recently started sleeping with a heating blanket and I always tuck my blankets between my legs in my sleep, also I always have my hot water bottle on my lap while I watch tv, i'm going to cut that out, and also stop sleeping with the heating blanket and see what happens, still going to see the doctor tho as I have been also getting an achey feeling in my legs near the pattern. Weirddddd!!!!
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2012
livedo reticularis, look this up, this may be the answer!
|

replied March 25th, 2012
Honeycomb pattern on NECK and SHOULDER BLADE
Hello! Has anyone figured this out yet?? I have two small patches on my neck on collar bone on the left side and it is super weird. One is faded to brown and the other bright red and just showed up today.....PLEASE let me know if any of you have any info. This is the first time googling something has made me more confused than anything else.
|

replied March 29th, 2012
erythema ab igne
google "erythema ab igne" -- this is what i had.
|

replied June 14th, 2012
My 11 month old son came home from the sitters house two days ago with this on his forehead!!! I panicked and brought him to an RN down the road and she had never seen anything like it. I brought him to his pediatrician and they just told me to watch it and if it gets worse or if he acts any different to bring him in. Being a new mom, I am a wreck with this! Clearly whatever it is isn't going to kill him, but why isn't this diagnosed?? He is a very healthy baby.
|

replied July 12th, 2012
I too had the honeycomb pattern on the back of my neck in January of 2009. I didn't notice it until I got my hair all cut off and was in shock when I saw the mark. It didn't hurt or itch but looked like a marking or a branding...weird??? Some people are convinced that it could of been an alien abduction and that it is a marking of some sort which is good. I don't know what to think anymore as no Doctor can explain it.
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2012
Photo of mine in Profile picture.
|

replied September 6th, 2012
What are these weird dots?
OMG! I just woke up with this on my right butt cheek. I am racking m brain trying to figure out what it is. Anyone find out what it is? SOOO weird!
|

replied December 3rd, 2012
Ok, I have a honeycomb pattern to the inner part of my left leg, below my knee. It isn't sore or itchy and I only noticed it a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was just a heat rash so i left it but it hasn't really left- it has just faded to a pale purple pattern now.

I decided to look it up today and found two options which both seem liable;

Idiopathic Livedo Reticularis
This is where the medium veins under the skin swell up. There is no certain cause (hence the word idiopathic) but it is usually triggered by exposure to the cold. This one makes sense as 3 months ago I moved to China and it was very hot within two days it had altered to being ridiculously cold and I think the sudden change in temperature shocked my system.

Erythema Ab Igne
This is similar to above but caused by overexposure to heat like laptops on thighs and hot water bottles.

Neither are to be worried about but if it becomes itchy, sore, ulcerus or you feel any lumps under the affected skin go to see a doctor straight away Smile
|
12 >>