Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Hole on chest

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I've had a very small hole( 3mm across) on my chest for the past few years - no pain, no itching, infact no symptoms as such but it has just never healed. Today I decided to do some 'digging' and took a clean needle to try and find out why. There appears to be a core of hard, dead skin inside and I was able to put the needle in at least 2cm's with no pain or bleeding! What I did manage to extract was dozens of small,tough fibres about 5mm long each one looking suspiciously like the next - thankfully, nothing moved!
If anyone can enlighten me as to what this might be I'd be very grateful.
Thanks,
susan
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2009
Experienced User
Have you spoken to anyone about this? Have you seen a doctor?

If yes, what did they say?
Is it still giving you trouble?
|

replied December 27th, 2009
did you ever get wounded there? i accidentally stabbed myself with a very sharp pencil years ago and i have a little hole in my chest with the hard core of dead skin where i was wounded.
|
Quick Reply