Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

hole in wall of vaginal opening

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I have my 2nd visit to the OBGYN coming up and while I was showering I noticed something while washing down there. On the left side of my wall I have what seems to be a hole. What is this from? My boyfriend and I have attempted sex but stopped before full penetration I have also been using tampons for a while now. I might be over paranoid with the appointment coming up but I would like to know what it is.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 6th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Unsure, Ask your OBGYN. That is what you pay him/her for.

From your description, I can not figure out where this hole is? What is the ''wall'', ''wall'' of what? Inside your vagina or in your vulva? Where does this hole lead to?

You should not be washing inside your vagina. Your vagina cleans itself and it has a very very fine and delicate balance of bacteria and pH. If you wash inside, you might disturb this balance and get all sorts of infections. You should clean your vulva with clean water or a very mild unscented soap.

Best of luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply