Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

HIV treatment after 11 years ?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
My mother was a nurse and got HIV while working..It was diagnosed 11 years before..She spent these days bit comfortably but from last 3-4 years she is having some problems like skin rashes with itching...those rashes are fine now..Now a days she is having severe back pain and continuous fever..Can you suggest me what should I do??What kind of treatment I should take??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2010
Community Volunteer
have the doctor check to see if maybe she should change her meds for te pain and itching...sometimes a change in HIV meds can make all the differense
|
Users who thank homerx for this post: Aishka 

replied September 22nd, 2010
dear doc, she now doesn't have itching and any problem with rashes..the problem is with back pain and continuous fever..doc gave her medicine but none of them are working..she is taking medicine from last 15days...
How much time generally it takes to recover like normal person or as she is HIV +ve, it will take bit longer..
We showed her to normal physician..do we need to take her to another doc??
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2010
Community Volunteer
I would ... back issues can be just that...she may need Soma or Hydro for a while...get an X ray as well
|