Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

hiv testing ?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
i make a sexual intercourse with phelipino woman may be in 48 years old and i dont use codom or any thing
after i have finished i dout this girl may carry hiv
i want to know what is the test i need to do and how many dayes shold i do this test and how many times should i do this test

i am 26 yers old
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
The standard HIV test is an antibody test, looking for antibodies in a person's blood.
Most people develop detectable HIV antibodies within 3 to 6 weeks, and sometimes up to 3 months of infection.
For earlier detection of HIV you may ask for PCR testing (this test looks for HIV directly in a person's blood instead of detecting antibodies, and may detect an HIV infection about a week after an exposure) or P24 antigen test (levels of p24 antigen increase significantly at about one to three weeks after initial infection).
|
Did you find this post helpful?