Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

hiv symptoms stressed...

Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
two months i had protected vaginal sex with a prostitute in bangalore. This was my first sex expirence.The sex episode lasted less than 2 minutes. i dont know the hiv status of the female. but since that i am having lot of stress and not able to concentrate on anything.. I started having acid reflux from the second week and also vomited three times. i started taking medicine for acid reflux and i started having loose stools two times a day.. Also i had headache and some pimples on my chest. i dont know if they are rashes.. i didnt have any fever or swollen glands which are the main symptoms of hiv .... pls help me... i am very very stressed...
also please tell me what does oral thrush look like..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2011

Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health forum.

Every act of unprotected sex - does not lead to HIV infection.

First, the chances that the concerned woman was indeed HIV positive is a point to be determined.

Your symptoms do not appear to be due to HIV. Symptoms due to HIV do not present within a few days after exposure.

HIV is diagnosed based on the serological detection in the blood samples. It is not diagnosed by the presence or absence of nonspecific symptoms.

For proper diagnosis of your current symptoms, you might consult a doctor, who can advise you accordingly.

Since you had used a condom, the risk of infection is less.

For people who think they may have been exposed to HIV, having a test and receiving a negative result (which means they are not infected with HIV), can put their mind at rest.

To relieve your anxiety and for a definitive diagnosis, you might consider getting screened with HIV test. This will help you get over the past exposure and move on ahead in your life.

I hope this helps.

|

replied May 17th, 2011
hello.
i had protected sex with two girls which i dont know their hiv status, but i had unprotected oral sex. the vaginal sex was brief and i changed condoms like 4 times. could hiv symptoms if caught can show up 6 days after contact, such symptoms as swollen on the neck side or rash,or it might be anxiety causing this.

thanks you for the reply
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.