Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

hiv symptoms appearance ?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
hi,
i am 18years old, and i had my first sexual intercourse a week ago with a prostitute. I used a condom which didnt brake(the condom was hers-durex and i removed is with bare hand. i had a scar in my finger, with which i removed the condom, but it was 80% ok). However, some friends of mine, worried me about contracting hiv. So, i had a look at the hiv symptoms a few hours afther the intercourse and i started having some symptoms. the first symptom appeared about nine hours afther the intercourse (37degree fever)-maybe it was from anxiety... furthermore, regarding night sweats, i only sweet when i go to sleep, but as soon as i sleep everything is ok(i also feel that sweat more than usual)! finally, i had diahrrea this week twice(one on sunday and one on thursday- the intercourse took place on thursady). i also feel a bit tired-fatigue. is it possible for the hiv symptoms to appear so quickly afther the exposure to the virus?? I m thinking of having a PCR-HIV test. Am i over-reacting?? and secondly, how long after a supsicious intercourse, does the pcr-hiv test produce reliable conclusions?? Is it possible to contract hiv by womens sperm-scar on the finger??
i would like to thank you in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2008
Supporter
Bossan0vas
I would like to thank you for coming here to look for help. A scar is not an open wound and therefore, there was no way for the virus to get into the body.

It appears to me that what you are experiencing is stress symptoms. I don't know much about PCR-HIV test. I know about the blood test. You wait three months from the point of infection and get tested and then get re-tested again after three months.

You said the condom did not break and that means you were protected. I still suggest that you take other STDs tests just to be in the clear.

My hope is that you have learned your lesson.

All the best and please let us know what is happening.

Take it easy.

Muthoni (Mson)
curtsey
|

replied October 2nd, 2008
well, i had the hiv-cmia test done in 3.5 weeks (i know its pretty early) which came back negative!!! my doc told my that it can dedect the virus from 2 weeks time. i'm now gonna get tested in a few months

thxs a lot
|
Users who thank NeaNova for this post: Muthoni 

replied December 22nd, 2008
All clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
|
Users who thank NeaNova for this post: Muthoni 

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2008
Supporter
Bossan0vas
Hallelujah.

Live and learn bro...I am soo happy for you.

Muthoni (Mson)
curtsey
|

replied February 1st, 2010
>>by womens sperm-scar on the finger??

Women don't produce sperm.
|

replied September 29th, 2011
Hye, i have a sexual intercourse with my ex without protection once in my life, but it was 4 years ago, i havent felt any symptoms yet,is it possible that i get infected?
|

replied September 29th, 2011
Experienced User
symptoms should never be used to try and guess one's hiv status.

testing is the only way to know.

since 3 months post exposure is what is required for a conclusive result...if you choose to test, it will be conclusive.
|