Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

HIV symptoms and Hep C

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
I have been sick for over 6 months now, lost almost 20 pounds, night sweats, abdominal pains, nausea, fatigue. I was even diagnosed with shingles. In addition my wife has also been ill, dry cough for over 6 weeks, fatigue, rash on forearm. I also have major joint pains, my shoulders and muscles hurt all the time even though I have done nothing. I am know I am infected but have tested negative to 6 months after my last possible exposure. I also have very itchy skin and darker urine. I think I got Hep C at the same time as HIV and it is delaying my sero converting. Is it possible I am HIV positive and the duel infection would delay anti body production? Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2010
Community Volunteer
I heave never heard of that happening.If you have been tested for HIV on more than one occasion and have waited 3 months after possible being exposed to it then I think you can rule it out.I suggest you ask your doctor about other causes.
|

replied March 2nd, 2010
Need closure
I have tested negative at 6 months but both my shoulders , along my collarbone hurt, all my joints, major abdominal pain, up high on the right side of abdomin. I lost 20 pounds, had shingles, no appetite, sweats. My wife has been fatigued for over a month now, has a dry cough, acne, and is starting to get abdominal pains. I want to be able to rule out HIV but I think I got co infected with Hep C at the same time and it is causing me not to show antibodies on the test. Is this possible after 6 months, I need help
|

User Profile
replied March 3rd, 2010
Community Volunteer
I have never heard of Hep causing someone not to show HIV...I think you need to focus on something besides HIV because the tests say that isn't it and as long as you are only focused on HIV you are going to miss the real cause.
|