Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

HIV symptoms after 8 months??

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Hello I had unprotected sex months ago, I don't know the history on my partner. I just now recently developed a rash on my neck just a slight rash, I have what looks like geograpic tounge and I have been having the runs. Could this possible be symptoms of HIV or something else. I did just started working an overnight shift I work 12am-8am and I have not being getting as much sleep as normal, I have been stressed since I do go to school also, and I have been eating only about one meal a day and when I do it is not a healthy meal, maybe a resturant or something quick and easy like froozen pizza. So do my symptoms sound HIV related or maybe caused by my new life styler oh and also I have been taking pain killers a lot because of back pain. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 15th, 2008
Community Volunteer
If I were you I would get tested for HIV and other STDS. Your symptoms could be related,yes,but it could also be a number of other things.Get tested.
|

Yes I realize I need to get tested however I was just wondering what the likely hood was that these things are HIV related, I have not had sex in 8 months and all these things are just starting now I have read that these things usally occur much earlier. I have had no symptoms before now.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
No, they can occur years after exposure. Not to scare you because it could be something other than HIV so don't worry until you have the answer.
|

replied September 16th, 2008
No worries
unprotected sex with the HIV positive partner having very less chances (700-1 in woman and 1200-1 in man) to get infected. But on the other side this is a binomial factor (yes or No) and you should be careful. I know you are not sure about your partner but always be careful.

Your conditions are not indicating any chances of HIV but just do a walk through blood test without any worries.
Best of luck
|