Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

HIV risk, oral sex, anxiety...

Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
Hi, i'm a 18 yr old male. Last friday i gave oral sex for the first time in my life to a guy after meeting him 2-3 times. I've known him for two years through internet. I only had his penis in my mouth for less than one minute. I did not feel any pre seminal fluid oozing from his penis. Then in turn he gave me oral too and that too lasted for less than a minute. Neither of us ejaculated in each other's mouth but he said that he felt my pre seminal fluid. At that time i didn't know about his hiv status but i was sure that he was not infected. I later asked him and he said he didn't have hiv and was a virgin and never had any blood transfusion.i had brushed my teeth before going to meet him and my teeth bled because i brushed after some days. Now i want to ask.....
1) if he had hiv/aids then at what risk am i of getting infected too?
2) today, after one week, i felt i had fever but whenever i checked it was below 100, my eyes burn. Are these the symptoms of hiv? Or are these just because of my over thinking.
3) i had eczema a year back and today when i rubbed my finger on the jeans, a small portion of skin pealed off? Is this hiv rash?
4) that guy suffered from jaundice and dengue fever last year? Since an hiv+ person has immune defficiecy, do you think he has hiv?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2011
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

In case, he was indeed infected, the risk of infection would be slightly higher, since there was bleeding gums in your mouth.

The symptoms described by you are not due to HIV.

The described rash is also not due to HIV

Whether a person has HIV, it can be determined only by serology tests for HIV. Occurance of dengue and jaundice in person , does not make him immunosuppressed or prone to HIV.

In case you are so anxious about HIV, then getting tested for HIV after 1 month post exposure, with the HIV Duo test, might be helpful to relieve your anxiety.

|

replied May 6th, 2011
r one week of exposure I was diagnosed with UTI. my penis tip burned continuously and hurt like a wound while urinating. i've been on antibiotics for a 5 days and pain seemed to have completely gone until one evening when I had spicy gravey. The burn returned the next day. After the use of the antibiotic called Leflox, I started having lower abdominal pain and loose stools and oral thrush (no white particles in spit though). There's no continuous testicle pain. No discharge. No change of urine colour. But gentle menthol like feeling in the head of shaft. Do you think the exposure might have caused it? Is it some STD?
|

replied September 21st, 2011
hiv risk
Hello, I had sex with an csw in thailand about 6 weeks ago. I had had sex with here 3 times without a condom ( i was drunk).very stupid!!! Now i am very scared that i am infected with hiv. How big is the chance that i am infected????? I have found a website which predicts infection odds. The result was very low. Can this be correct? please help
|

replied February 15th, 2012
NO need to test HIV is not transmitted through oral sex
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.