Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Hiv rapid test accuracy

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Hi i have sex with a prostitute on july after that i saw some blood on my condom and my hand on september i have joint pain and mild fever after 3 month i check hiv rapid test twice the result came negative and i test again after 4 month also the result came negative still i have some pain on my jointand some rashes so am worried this rapid test is accurate or shall i test again some other test ex elisa pls reply me
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile NickCA
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2011
Experienced User
Hi,
It would be much easier to answer if you tell the brand of the rapid test.
Nick
|

replied December 6th, 2011
Hi thanks for replying actually i dont know the exact name something like Acu-check i done by laboratory its a card i saw its written hiv1 and 2
|

User Profile
replied December 7th, 2011
Experienced User
Hi,

Since you did the testing after 3 month, the negative result must mean negative.

The only problem can be if you made mistakes in the testing procedure.
The advantage of a professional laboratory is that they have a very strict quality control.
If you have doubts about your test results the best if you get tested in a laboratory. You are after the window period, so you can do it any time.

Nick
|

replied December 8th, 2011
Thanks nick after 4 month test i done by another laboratory so that means its fine right need any further test ............
|