Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

HIV? joint pain throughout the whole day.

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Hi Doctor,
I had unprotected sex 6 weeks ago and did a blood test on week 4 it shows that i am normal.
But i am experiencing muscle ache in my chest somewhere beyond the rib, my neck veins,below my jaw, arms, hand, backbone or sometimes when joint pain throughout the whole day.
A week ago i had a very bad cough until it kept on producing green/transparent mucus in my throat, this problem persist for a week seems like endlessly so i suspect myself from getting lung infections, i went to see the doctor and was given antibiotic.
The muscle ache is unexplainable whether is bone or vein pain. I took ecg and x-ray test and result shows that i am normal.
I am a very healthy young guy at the age of 20 and does not experience such pain* before that incident. I am definitely sure that these pain is caused by the unprotected sex. If this is not HIV, what can it be???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2011
(online)
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health forum.

HIV is diagnosed based on the serological detection in the blood samples. It is not diagnosed on the basis of nonspecific signs and symptoms.

Your symptoms described are not due to HIV. They could have resulted as a result of bacterial pharyngitis.

You can get adequate relief by taking OTC pain killers like ibuprofen, or tylenol.

I hope this helps.

|

replied March 25th, 2011
Hi Doctor,
now i had developed thrush on my tongue at week 10 after exposure. Just to check whether HIV develop thrush so soon?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.