Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

HIV Infection from massage

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
hi doc
five days ago i had a girl in my hotel room to do a massage body to body one, i was nked and she was in her underwar, during the session , we did not had any sexual relation of any kind(no oral, anal,vagina or kissing), she was only rubbing her body againest mine while she was wearing her under ware, and we didnot do any sexual activity of any kind, during the massage i felt some fluide slipping on my anus,and she also massaged my penis with no ejaculation,but after she left, when i was taking a shower , i saw some thing like a boil or carbuncles(the one with white tip) in the lower part of my abdomen, the girl was offering me some pleasure with her which gave me an impression that she is not only a massage girl, and i realized that she is a sex worker too, and i started worrying about this and assume some of her body fluid could find its way to my body

Q- can this transfere the hiv to me?(i have heard that HIV could transfer through wound and un healthy skin ).

Q- does any body fluid could pass through that boil or carbuncles, e.g her brast milk, blood from non seen wond, vaginal fluid)

Q-what if during the massage session her under ware slipped a littel bet and vagina flud came in contact with my body and find its way to the anus or the boil etc

Q- do i need to do testing?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

PLEASE NOTE that HIV is transmitted by activity mentioned below-

1. Unprotected vaginal, anal and oral sex
2. Unhygienic Intravenous drug use
3. Poorly sterilized dental and medical equipment
4. Unhygienic tattooing
5. Unhygienic acupuncture
6. Poorly screened blood transfusions
7. HIV infected mother to child transmission

Based on the facts given in your history, since there was no form of direct contact and exchange of body fluids in the form of anal or vaginal sex, there is no risk of HIV transmission to you either during the massage, or through your boils.

There is no need for testing for HIV. But I would advise you to undergo counseling for HIV education as well as to reduce your stress and anxiety.

I hope this helps.
|

replied February 5th, 2013
hello Some people can be sensitive to certain products, it can be the oil, for example some people can be allergic to baby oil or anything synthetic, also some people can develop itchy skin from synthetic creams or the oil used, of course we are all different, some may not get any symptoms. As a masseuse and teacher of massage, my advice is always wash or shower before and after your massage as to remove any synthetic products. Baby oil many masseuses use it, but it can block the pores, it is after all made from petrochemicals. use natural oils, like Almond oil, or one you know has no ill effects. Try using natural oils, as it helps to keep your skin breathing and less likely to cause any allergic reaction. Of course thats only answers part of the question, to put your mind at rest go and see a doctor. -lanastantric
|

replied November 22nd, 2013
Bath & Body Massage
Hi Doc,

This might sound like a repeat question but I got a non-erotic full body massage a month a half ago. Even though I got it at a five star hotel (i.e. a non-sleezy massage parlor) and there was no sexual contact, I fantasized in my mind a little and secreted pre-cum. The masseurs were pretty hot. I know it sounds stupid but I just want to be honest here.

Now I am worried that if there was a previous customer who did the same and was HIV positive with maximum viral load or even worse someone had sex with the masseur on the massage table a few minutes before I arrived and sexual fluids were on the massage table, what are the chances of getting infected from this horrendous episode. Previously I wasn't worried at all but a month after the episode I had mild flu like symptoms and severe headaches that have been on and off for the last three weeks. I'm panicking.

Also prior to the massage, another lady bathed me with water and soap (i.e. it was a Turkish Bath) while I lay on a ceramic table. Same question and concern here as above regarding pre-cum. What is the risk for me?
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.