Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

HIV - if negative at 3 to 4 weeks is that promising?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
HIV risk:

10 days ago, without thinking of the risk involved, i had what I think was protected anal sex with a transsexual. I watched her put a condom on, and she gave me lubricatant. She did not ejaculate in the condom, I checked the condom after and also asked her. Her response was no she did not ejaculate. I'm starting to second myself, i remember her taking the condom off with a tissue, it was half way down still covering the tip of the penis, but don't know if it was still intact? I now feel a tender node x 4 days now, left groin. I am very scared and nervious for doing something stupid, I now think that I exposed myself to HIV. I'm also married. I have never done this before... what are my chances of accuring HIV from what I mentioned? Should I get tested for HIV at 12 weeks? If I test at 3 to 4 weeks, knowing a 3 month is conclusive, would my results be the same... meaning if negative at 3 to 4 weeks is that a promising result? Please any assistance in answering me would greatly help my stress. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 18th, 2012
Regardless of your status, stop having sex with your wife. Do not expose her.
|

replied February 19th, 2012
Is that your advice? I haven't slept with my wiife since... Looking for support and solid advice due to my circumstances. Do I need to test, and if i test at 3 to 4 weeks, would that be a good indicator of what my 12 week result be?
|