Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

hiv from massage parlor ?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
It was the last day of the October, last year. I went to a massage parlor and had a full body massage! At the end of one hour session, she asked me whether I would like to massage my penis and ejeculate! I agreed and she gave a handjob till I ejeculate. She cleaned the stuffs that came on me using a small towel which she used before to clean my feet when she massaged my feet.
So the same towel should have been used on the person that came before me too. May be the one who came before have ejeculated and cleaned his stuff with the same towel.
Later on I came to know that I had a small cut on one of my toes.
So assuming the towel was used by a person to wipe the sperms of an hiv positive person, what are the chances that i might get the virus. She cleaned my toes with the towel about 45 minutes after starting the massage. So that means the towel was not used for 45 minutes. So can the virus on the towel for so long?
And the same night, i searched the net and i was so worried. I felt like i was useless. And from the next day onward, body ache started. I felt like i was in a situation of illness. I looked for any read spots on my body. I found around 6 red spots on my arms. and 2 or 3 on my chest. I had a sore throat and swollen lymphs under my arm during the 3 months that followed. At the end of the 3 months, I got a rash mostly on arms and legs.
But after 3 months, almost every symptom has gone!

And a week ago, I fingered a woman whose status I dont know. I didnt put my finger into her. I just rubbed my fingers on the clit and on the outer labia. After doing that, I noticed I had a hangnail. About her, she works in a massage parlor too.
So what do you think? Can i be infected in these two ways?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2008
Community Volunteer
It isn't likely...possible but highly unlikely. If you are really worried then by all means get tested, it couldn't hurt. Also, be careful with "massage" workers that also perform sexual acts for $$$. That in itself raises your chances of getting STDs. Not necessarily HIV but there are a lot of other things you can get if you aren't really careful.
|
Users who thank homerx for this post: unknown100 

replied July 21st, 2008
I did a basic medical check up, around 2 months after that. Does a medical check up show HIV or do i have to screen seperately for HIV? Further, does basic medical check up include HIV screening in most cases?
|
Users who thank unknown100 for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2008
Community Volunteer
No, usually you have to ask for an HIV test. Basic check ups they do not check for HIV at least not in the US. You have to ask for it. You can go to a free clinic in most countries for the HIV test.
|

replied July 22nd, 2008
Thanks homerx for your input.
I am wondering which of the two are most risky? Whether using the towel (which was supposedly used by another person with unknow status to wipe his cum) to "clean" my feet while a small part of the skin on a toe was gone? Or whether rubbing the clitoris and outer labia with a finger which has a hangnail?
The symtoms lasted from the next day of the first encounter to 3 months, and there after no symptoms even after last encounter. So i am wondering whether symtops starts so early, like in one or two days. Please answer.
|
Users who thank unknown100 for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2008
Supporter
Unknown100
In the incident of towels, the virus dies 30 seconds to a minute after it leaves the body. You may get a skin disease or STD but not HIV if that towel was not in use for 45 minutes as you stated.

As sor the fingering and hang nail I recommend that you wait three months from the time of supposed exposure and get tested for your own peace of mind.

About the symptoms, I read:-

"Up to 70% of people newly infected with HIV will experience some "flu-like" symptoms during this (first) stage. These symptoms, which usually last no more than several days, might include fevers, chills, night sweats, and rashes. Afterward, the infected person returns to feeling and looking completely well. The remaining percentage of people either do not experience symptoms of acute infection or have symptoms so mild that they may not notice them."

Please be careful out there.

Always
Muthoni (Mson)
curtsey
|