Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

hiv from cut on penis

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
i am male from india and i had a non vaginal sexual act with a CSW on 17th dec (ejaculated in between the thighs). Unfortunately there was a cut on my penis. and i noticed some reddish spots on her thighs after the incident. she has also masturbated me by her hands. I had a light fever and cough 12 days after the incident out of which the cough is still present. i had an Elisa test yesterday(29th day) which was negative. But the elisa absorbance ratio was 0.405 and in all my previous tests it was around 0.3. the cut of point was stated as 0.9

pls help me with the following as i am very scared

1. what was my chance of acquiring hiv from this episode?

2. do the increase in the Elisa number indicates possible positive result at a later date.

3. Do i need further testing?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 16th, 2011
pls help me out....
|

replied January 30th, 2011
Experienced User
reference range means nothing. ELISA give a report positive or negative. don't bother cut off value. get test at 40days elisa. or get a test pcr. pcr test will detect at 72hours.
|