Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

HIV from blow job ?

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
Hi My house worker gave me a unexpected blow-job when i was sleeping...thought it lasted only 1 minute.and it had been 8 months since it happened.Am I safe?...no symptoms at all.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 18th, 2009
Experienced User
HIV from oral sex is extremely rare unless the "giver" has an open sore or cut in their mouth or the "receiver" has an open cut or sore on their penis. HIV cells are in the saliva but not in high concentration. Also, HIV is extremely sensitive to air and light. The saliva left behind on the penis, even if it has HIV cells, the cells are almost instantly killed once the person removes their mouth off of you. 8 months and no symptons? Nothing to worry about I'd say.
|

replied August 18th, 2009
Risk is very low almost non existent, but many people who contract HIV show no symptoms. If you were going to show symptoms it would have been early on. If you haven't shown any symptoms by now don't keep waiting around thinking as long as you show no symptoms you are ok. Get tested and get it over with. You will almost undoubtedly test negative and will be able to put your mind to rest.
|