Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

HIV by sharing same cup ?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
My daughter and I had stayed for a couple of days in the same apartment with an HIV infected person - the fact which we didn't know at the time. My daughter shared a cup of tea with her once, taking turns sipping the tea from the same cup. Both - my daughter and the girl had cracked and chapped lips at the time. 5 or 6 weeks later my daughter developed headaches and sore throat. A week after these initial sypmptoms, she developed a rash. The rash started as two red raised spot on her upper torso, approximately 1/2 inches in diameter, with a small liquid-filled middle. They were very similar in appearance to chicken pox spots. A day after first two spots she developed a rash on her breasts. There were a lot of red raised spots, which were significantly less in diameter - no more than 1/4 of an inch. They didn't have liguid filled middle anymore. Then the rash moved to her stomach, and it consisted of barely raised very small brownish spots which sort of blended together, forming one large area. The rash cleared in 2 weeks. What is the likehood of the symptoms to be indicative of HIV? My daughter is 17 and not sexually active yet. I don't see myself suggesting her to test for HIV if there is no pressing need. Please advice.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2010
Community Volunteer
I have already responded to this question on another post. If you are worried about then get tested but the likelihood of getting HIV that way is fairly non existent.
|
Did you find this post helpful?