Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

HIV by licking boobs and performing fingering ?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
On 31st October 2009, I had an encounter with a women. What I did was kissing and licking her boobs (but did not suck the nibbles). I also did some fingering with my bare middle finger with no known cuts. Exactly two weeks later, I started feeling horribly tired, and then I felt loosing my appetite. Later (maybe 4 weeks after) I felt severe headache for couple of days and dizziness for almost 2 more weeks. I did not have any fever to talk about, no diarrhea, no rash but exactly 7 weeks after I met that women, I had a Rapid Test which came to be negative. Then I had some pain in my lymph nodes behind my ear and armpits but no lumps and no swelling. Also developed chapped lips and tongue inflammation.

All these period, I was living in a very stressful condition.

Again on 18th and 31 January (79 days and 90 days respectively after that night) I did two more Rapid Tests which also turned out negative.

Interestingly, I have been monitoring my weight and I have gained 3 kg during that period. I am still 17 days short of the six month mark. But I am still worried.

My question is, how much risk does that behavior carries and could the above tests be conclusive? Looking forward to your advice.
Nasir
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2010
Community Volunteer
if you tested negative then I dont know..sorry.
|

replied April 16th, 2010
It is possible there was a transmission if you fingered her and you had a cut on her finger. I can't tell you the likelihood, but I can tell you it's possible.

I would recommend at the six month and one year mark, get blood and/or serum tests. You want to be sure they're accurate.
|

replied June 20th, 2010
dear nasir29, so, how's the result of your 6-month test? it is good if you can share to help others to relieve.. Thanks
|

replied June 20th, 2010
Oh yeah. I also want to tell you there is going to be no immediate "reaction" to contracting HIV. Most people will have an adaptive immune response, cold and flu like symptoms for a few days, and then be fine until the virus has time to replicate and turn into full blown AIDS. This could take years. Then, you would get sick from opportunistic diseases that take advantage of your compromised immune system, not AIDS itself.
|