Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

HIV and AIDS Question

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
User Profile
Dear Doctor,

On 09/16/2016, I had a risk exposure with a person with unknown HIV status.

My tests results

1. 10/21/2016
- Evolis Elisa HIV_EIAgen Ag/Ab - negative;

by Vitros3600 (amplified chemiluminiscence)
- AgHBs - 0.07, Ag HBs I - negative
- AcHVC - 0.02, AcHVC I - negative
- AcHBs - 0.0, AcHBs I - negative

2. 11/03/2016
- Anti HIV 1+2 (serum/electroluminiscence) HIV Combi - negative
- syphilis (RPR, less than 0.5 RU and TPLA, 0.075)

3. 11/06/2016
- HIV-1 RNA (quantitative, by Plasma EDTA/Real time PCR) - undetectable (detection limit 20 copies/mL)

4. 12/14/2016
- Anti HIV 1+2 (serum/electroluminiscence) HIV Combi - negative

5. 02/14/2017
- anti HIV chemiluminiscence (Vitros ECi) - negative (0.06) (Reference: Negative less than 0.9)

6. 03/20/2017
- Evolis Elisa HIV_EIAgen Ag/Ab - negative;

by Vitros3600 (amplified chemiluminiscence)
- AgHBs - 0.12, AgHBs I - negative
- AcHVC - 0.02, AcHVC I - negative

Please, let me know if I should worry further.
Thank you!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2017
HIV and AIDS Answer A61079
Since the latest test in 2017 is negative, it is conclusive that you were not infected, and hence there is no need to repeat any tests anymore

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: HIV and AIDS
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.