Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Brain and Head Injuries Forum

Hit head on cement no bump

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I hit the side of my head (temple) on cement but there is no bump. No major symptoms the next day, but do have swelling and alot of bruising below the eye around cheek bone. Not sure if the bleeding down lower is from gravity. The temple is extremely sensitive to touch. If I barely touch my skin it hurts, however when I try to manipulate the bone to see if there is any cracks or bumps, it does not hurt.
What I mean is that when I touch the area with a more firm touch it does not hurt, but when I barely touch it, then it hurts. I have mild achy headaches and kind of a numbing sensation in the general temple area. The temple area looks slightly different then the other side of my head, but no bump is present.
It's been five days since accident, should I still consider an xray?
Did you find this post helpful?
|