Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pain Management Forum

Hip pain when standing

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For the last two or three weeks I've experienced a severe hip/lower back pain when I've stood up. It tends to come and go, but if I'm standing and sitting on a constant basis (bowling aggravated it) it starts to hurt and doesn't want to go away.

I'm pretty sure it occurred either during deadlifts or squats, it wasn't a sudden onset of pain, or if it was, it was minute amount of pain that I have forgotten.

Also, if it's been hurting, and I'm sitting and lift my right left (the side it's on) it hurts.

I'm not really sure if I should be worried or not

Thanks for helping,

Cruz
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2010
Community Volunteer
You could be showing some early signs of a hip problem...Either arthritis or wear and tear on the hip joint...I guess I would be concerned, but what can you do to stop aging?...Use Tylenol when it gets sore and if it gets real bad, see an Orthopedist...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?