Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Hip pain

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
Hi, please help.

I have pain for two weeks already - the first week felt just like a minor sprain is it was nothing - but it eventually worsened and I now walk with a limp. The pain seems like to originate from under the butt - and it moves into the perineum and medial thighs.

It hurts when I walk or move, but when I am sitting, it just feels very normal.

When sitting for a long time, it won't hurt until 5 minutes, when it would start again.

When I had it massaged, the hip pain disappeared, but resurfaced two hours later.

What could it be??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 27th, 2009
Community Volunteer
It's a muscle in your butt...It can happen to either side...I have this happen every now and then...I thought it was my hip, but the doctor tested me and said no...If you are worried go to your GP and he will do the hip test and be able to tell you...Good luck...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: hip pain, hip
Quick Reply