Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

hip pain after sitting,can walk off

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
I am 59 in good health but my hip hurts after sitting for awhile. It goes away after I walk a short distance. After looking on line I tried some stretches and excercises for Sciatica and that helped for awhile but the pain is getting worse and is now a dull ache some of the time and hard pain when I stand up. The on off of it all is confusing, has anyone heard of this. It seems to help to sleep with a pillow under my leg at night and if I'm on my side and don't put it between my legs my hip starts to ache. Any help would be appreciated. I hate to go to the Ortho uninformed.
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 22nd, 2011
what you have posted is enough information for your doctor, take your written post with you to your doctor's appointment so he/she can see what has been going on. You could also start a diary of what type of pain you experience, where it is located, when it occurs: activity related and time of day/night, and how often. Is the pain sharp/dull, aching, shooting, persistent, intermittent? Ready answers to his/her questions will be very helpful.
|
Did you find this post helpful?