Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Hip pain after appendectomy

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
I had an appendectomy 2.5 wks ago. This was a 4th laparoscopic procedure for me over about a 10 yr period, the latest being removal of my gallbladder & stones last June 2011. Due to this past, the surgeon removed my appendix out the left side with 3 incisions total. My belly button incision has normal bruising and tenderness, but 2 inches from the left side incision at about 1 inch down from the top of my hip I've developed some chronic pain. My abdomin has swelled and the pain continues. What is this and what can I do to make it stop?
Did you find this post helpful?
|