Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Blood Disorders Forum

High WBC AND Neutrophil.

Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define anemia...plus more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
I have a high WBC and Neutrophils. My WBC is 14.6 and my neutrophil is at 9943. What does this mean? Should i be concerned?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mc3525
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum. ‎

White blood cells are essential to healthy immune system functioning, as they help fight off infections ‎and other abnormalities in the blood, bone marrow, and lymphatic system. ‎

The normal WBC counts ranges from 3500 -10900 cells /cmm. Your levels at 14600 /cmm) appear to be ‎increased, and could be a indicator of inflammation or infection in the body. The neutrophil count is normally in the range of 35 - 80 % of the total count. ‎‎The normal body contains between 2500 and 6000 neutrophil cells per cubic millimeter. ‎You seem to be having a very high levels, which is most likely indicative of a bacterial infection.

You might consult with your doctor, or a hematologist who can get additional tests and provide proper ‎help and treatment of antibiotics, if needed.

|

replied July 8th, 2012
High WBC 10,000 and above
WBC above 10,000 is not normal, it's a bone marrow disorder. Platelets may also be low around 80,000 or lower, (normal is 140,000 to 415,000) low Platelets will cause internal bleeding and bleeding from the mouth, nose, ears, eyes, rectum also pinhole bleeds on the arms and other parts of the body at various times, this will occur around the 20,000 to 40,000 Platelet Count, and the Red Blood Count may also be low, this codition is called a Myeloproliferative Disorder; early onset Lukemia, sorry to say there is no treatment for this disorder at this time. Anyone with a high WBC needs to see a Hematologist which is an Oncologist, the study of cancer. Do not delay get to a Hematologist or go directly to the ER if you feel dizzy, have a fever are sweating or have the chills, flu like conditions, you pass out, suffering from severe fatigue you also may have Pneumonia I was hospitalized for these conditions, you may be bleeding from the eyes, ears, mouth, rectum, or blood in your urine, again I was hospitalized for these conditions, if you have 2 or more of these conditions and have been tested with a high WBC go to the ER ASP!!! There are also Blast Cells that may show up in the Bone Marrow, this is fatal all the time. Eat red meat every day, take Green Tea Extract 12 tabs @400 mgs per day and take fish oll, also vitamin D3 4,000 mgs per day (order from Amazon.com) For the Flu like conditions I take NyQuil it helps, I am taking it now . I was diagnosed with this disorder on 8/12/2011 through the present, I have been in the hospital 6 times average 2 week stays, I am lucky to be alive. God bless you. This is very bad very bad condition, I hate it. It keeps coming back, sometimes I can't get out of bed, and my WBC Count keeps going higher, at 100,000 it's over, or when the Blast Cells come out around 100,000 and up, This is what 9 doctors have told me. This is a very rare condition. Use Google and type in High WBC followed by your numbers, Not much is known about this disorder, even doctors have very little information on this subject, however some Oncologists are very well versed on this disorder, but not many. You are all blessed . I just don't know what else to say here. Man, Woman, Birth, Death, Infinity.

Copy and past;
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/tre atment/myeloproliferative/Patient/page4

wikipedia.org/wiki/Myeloproliferative_dise asewish

|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied May 1st, 2013
I am hoping someone reads this and can give me some advice. I am a 41 year old female. I have had High WBCs for years. When I was 13 I cut the bottom of my foot open on something while swimming in a creek near our house. A few day later I became very ill and my mother noticed a red line going all the way up the back of my leg and rushed me to the hospital. I had gotten blood poisoning and had my mother not noticed my leg doctors said I would have did that night. At 14 I contracted mono and at 16 I was hospitalized with a WBC level of 35,000. Vomiting and in so much pain I was begging the doctors to just put me to sleep. They ran a number of test and were unable to find the source of my illness. sence then my WBC has ran 14 or higher. My dr. has came to the conclusion that, that is just my normal. However over this past year I have been becoming a little concerned that something is just mot right. I feel tired alot and somedays feel like I can hardly keep my eyes open. I run low grade fevers in the evening and frequently wake up with night sweats. I have unintentionally lost 25 lbs. sence Dec. And my legs ache something awful. I called to schedual my annual physical and labs were done in the morning of the day of my appt. A full panel blood and urine. When I got to my appt. that day my dr. "of 13 years" was running a hr. behind. He knows me pretty well and we often joke around but, he seemed alittle flustered and I could tell he was in a hurry. He read through my results very quickly and looked me over. I told him about some of my concerns and asked him what the results of my WBC was. He looked in his notes and stated they did not get a WBC and thanked me for reminding him and asked me to stop by the lab and get another blood draw. He hamded me a paper with the results of the rest of my tests on it and I left. When I got home I was looking at the paper amd I noticed that I had moderate amounts of blood in my urine, yraces of protein, and ketones. many bacteria . It was obviouse I had a UTI. and he had missed it. I have a very weak bladder and I spend alot of time in the bathroom. So frequente to someone else is normal to me. I called his nurse and asked her about the results, she stated that normally with those results they would treat but, I was not complaining of any symptoms. but they would treat me if I wanted to...WHAT!. This is the point as to where I start to question if I truely am getting the care I need. O did the 3 day antibiotic and then recieved a letter from my dr. with my results regarding my WBC. stating "As usual your WBC is high but we would like to take another count to be looked at by a pathologist. and if thats normal wr' ll recheck it in a year. results came back normal but WBC still remains high..
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Blood Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.