Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

high triglyceride treatment

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
Hi,

Just got the blood test results. The triglycerides are 257 and i am getting really concerned...please help.

Not obese. Exercises normally. Diet is okay, but could be better (fruits veges, white meat once or twice a weak, egg once a week maybe etc)

Started taking a herbal medicine in January. Before that the triglycerides were at 147. Now it has jumped so much....

Please help me understand.....
What can i do to bring it down.

total cholesterol has been increasing steadily in the past 4 years. Now it is borderline high. Doc started the medecine. Please help.....

Im at a loss and dont know where to start and what to do....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 6th, 2008
Carbs lead to elevated triglycerides
Believe it or not, one cause of elevated triglycerides is a diet heavy on carbs.

Look up "Krauss carbohydrates" in google and you can see the studies.

Your case could of course be different, but it's something to look into.

Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?