Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Pharmaceuticals Forum

high prolactin problems with drugs interacting "diet"

My problem is I was prescribed some medicine called b-something i can't say it!! Anyway, I had taken it before but it was dostinex for a pituitary glad hormone that was high prolactin....I was taking it with psychiatric meds and felt a real effects on the psych medicine, like I was crying a lot..I was wondering if you know of something that would help my drugs interactions or a diet-like, what kind of diet? I have to take it tonight and I am really worried. please email me back.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 22nd, 2011
I also have been diagnosed with a high prolactin level which was causing me to feel tired and not get my period. An MRI showed a micro-adenoma/benign tumor/growth on my pituitary gland. This growth presses on the pituitary gland which causes the entire Endocrine system to go off-hormones, thyroid etc. The only answer seems to be a dopamine agonist medication such as Parlodil aka Bromocriptine or Dosilex aka Cabergoline. The Bromocriptine lowered my prolactin levels and normal menstruation returned but it takes a while for the side affects of this medication to level out on me. Heartburn and acid reflux, tired yet edgy, feeling blunted and sedated etc. I have recently switched to Dosilex which is tolerated better by most and it's taken only 2x/week. I hope this works and that I feel myself again, not medicated, sleepy yet wired and overwhelmed/anxious-zombie like. Oh, and hormonal so yes, crying or developing a stronger mind set so you don't indulge in negative thoughts provoked by hormones and your body in general being out of wack. Hang in there.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Diet, email, meds
Quick Reply