Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C Forum

High liver enzymes and small liver nodule found during ultrasoun

Must Read
Hepatitis can lead to serious liver damage. We cover basics about liver anatomy and define hepatitis here. Plus info on the different types of hepatitis....
What are the major causes of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C? Start here to learn what puts you at risk so that you can avoid the serious liver disease...
A list of the symptoms of each type of Hepatitis here. Plus, when you should seek medical attention for Hep signs and symptoms....
Hi! I am a 31 year old female that would enjoy a few beers almost every night for the last 6 years(but 2 of them I was pregnant, so I wasn't drinking during those years)
I went to the doctor the beginning of December to get a physical done because I haven't had one in probably close to 10 years... when my bloodwork came back my dr called and said my liver enzymes were high, I went back and had my bloodwork redone. My liver enzymes went down to only double what they should be(instead of 5x how they were the first time around.... I am thinking from drinking beer??) so she wanted to send me for an ultra sound to check for a fatty liver. She called and said everything looked great, except for a small nodule that was found during my ultrasound. Now I am scheduled for an MRI on Tuesday and scared out of my mind that this is going to be liver cancer..... can someone please help? Has anyone been through something similar
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2017
You are having fear just over a possibility which is not the same as certainty.

There is no need to worry, that the world will end.

Be calm and get the test done, and most likely everything would be normal, and incidental.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Hepatitis, Cancer
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Disorders, Hepatitis A,B,C , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.