Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

High creatinine and EFGR values

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
I went to the doctor last week because I've been feeling tired/drowsy/depressed for about as long as I can remember. I'm 28, about 6 ft tall, 185 lbs, athletic build. He ordered a blood test.

The blood test came back that, on top of having extremely low testosterone, my kidney values were all over the place. My creatinine number showed as 7.4 (normal is apparently less than 1.9). My EFGR score came in at 4.

I have been consuming a rather high amount of protein due to trying to build muscle, and I also supplement creatine. Could that be enough to cause those values or do you think I have something to worry about.

Thank you very much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|