Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

High blood sugar after meals

Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
User Profile
the beginning of April I was diagnosed with a severe UTI and sepsis. I had a 4 day stay at the hospital, and 12 days of antibiotics orally after discharge. I am a Type II diabetic with a typical 2 hour PP of 120-140, with oral meds. Since the hospital stay my doctor has added insulin after meal on a sliding scale, based on my sugar when I check it 2 hours pp. I was/am expecting this to be a temporary thing, but I am having a great deal of difficulty getting my glucose under 160-170 after meals. I am following my dies closely, even eating less than I am permitted, but still having readings that are high for me. Can you give me any idea of what is going on? I do have a follow-up later this month with my PCP. Thanks, Deb

Did you find this post helpful?
|