Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Hidden Penis

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Hi, I'm new to these forums and I'm 18 years old.

Basically, I believe I may have something called hidden penis (or buried penis/concealed penis), you can look up what it looks like on google images.

All through my life I've been obese, and at some points probably considered morbidly obese. My penis had always been on the small side (around 5-6 inches with the fat pushed in) and it had a tendancy to 'hide' (unless it was erect, and even then sometimes) unless I pushed the fat back at which point it would just pop out. Now, I'd always attibuted this to my weight, I thought that of course when you're fat you have fat absolutely everywhere and it's bound to make my penis smaller. Then towards the end of last year I got very depressed with my size (both my obesity and my penis), so I decided enough is enough and went on a very strict diet, in between than and now I've dropped from nearly 23 stones, to around 14 1/2 stone, while admittedly during points of my diet I got a little too extreme, and it's left me with a little saggy skin around my body, which really, condidering it was such a fast weight loss is hardly unexpected, but I'm hoping once I reach a stable weight around the middle of my healthy BMI which around 11 stones, it will tighten given some time.

Yet despite the weight loss, I still have an unnatrually large amount of pubic fat, which still conceals my penis unless I have an erection, and it's even worse when I lay in a missionary/push up type position as my fat sort of 'sags' down and covers my penis even more than it would usually (damn you gravity:p, and a little loose skin). Now don't get me wrong, I know that at 14 1/2 stone I'm still considerd medically obese, and that I have some way to go yet. But it just seems that condidering I've lost close to 9 stone, it hasn't improved a whole lot, at all. My current hope stems from the fact that you never seem to see a skinny guy with hidden penis, pretty much every picture you'll see of it, the guy is significantly overweight (or at least appears to be, anyway). Anyway, my currently plan of action is to get down to a healthy weight, then if no improvement I will see my GP.

I'm mainly posting here to ask anyone if they've ever suffered from hidden penis, and if it's eventually been cured through weight loss alone?

Again, I'm just really really hoping I can cure this just by losing enough weight, as skinny guys with hidden penis don't seem to even exist (from photos that I've seen) surgery is obviously something I'd rather not have, but then if it came down to it I would still get this surgery. I'm not letting this stop be from going my whole life without sex.

Any advice/information/personal experiences regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 13th, 2009
I have the same problem too, man. Although, I don't think it happens to all overweight guys. It's a little disheartening to know that, though. I'd feel a lot better if I knew it happened to all overweight guys.
|

replied June 4th, 2013
Lean down
What is up bro! I feel you on the hidden penis syndrome. I weighed in at 285 lbs or 20.4 stones about 4 years ago. I now weight 181 lbs or 12.91 stones. I am 5 feet 9 inches. My penis size when i was heavy was 4 inches, close to 5. When I lost all the fat and went down to 6-7% body fat percentage, I lost the "fat pad" around my penis and got a six pack. My penis grew up to 7 inches. My body love to carry fat around the mid section and around my penis. It is just the way it is since my body type is endomorph. I lost 100 lbs in 4 years. I took it very slow. If u are looking for something quick, then surgery is the way to go. But slower progress is geared toward a lifestyle change. Exercising and eating healthy is key, plus you will live longer. You dont want to be at risk for metobolic symdrome and hidden penis syndrome.

My advice is lose the "weight" slowly. I started a weight lifting regime and i walked 30-40 minute everyday. I use the Jim Wendler 531 program and added in assistance exercise. Make sure you work your abs, sit ups, knee up, woodchoppers. Do any weight lifting program, since weight lifting helps with body composition and burns fat. You want to look proportional somewhat and weight lifting will help you with that. Walking burns fat and helps the blood flows. It helped me maintain a longer erection. Also, masturbate slower, the vagina is soft. And if youre going to weight lift, your hand grip will be impeccable...lol. Trust me man. Take the fat loss slow, you dont want the excess skin.

I save this for last. Nutrition is key in "fat" loss. Not weight loss. You want to lose fat. I track my macronutrients. I follow the "if it fits your macro" diet. I use myfitnesspal to track my nutrients. So current diet is 210 grams carbs, 210 gram protein, 47 gram fat. I hope you can figure the calories from those numbers. Follow your own nutrition and you will have results. Oh, keep your fiber gram intake 25-30 grams.

Sex life after weight loss. Well, i was in a 5 year relationship when i was fat. She never cheated on me but i can tell she was not satisfied a bit. When we had sex, she is always on top. When i was on top or doing doggy or whatever position that requires me to do work, i got tired. I even faked an orgasm. Lol...winded in 4-5 minutes. Im not going to say sex was the reason why we broke up, but it was a big part in a sense i feel she was sexually frustrated and my overall lack of effort in the bedroom. I tried my best bro. But the only time she came was me massaging her vagina to climax.

Sex now. Now that i look good naked, i notice women i dated tends to climax faster with a little less effort. I guess having a muscular body with a harder longer looking penis does make a difference. Dont get me wrong, i still put in the effort of eating them out and massaging them to warm them up, then grind the clits with my pelvis while my penis is inside them. But if i had a fat pad where my pelvis is, it would not feel as pleasurable. So there you go bro, hope it helps.
|

replied June 4th, 2013
I lived 50 years with this issue - very much like you describe it - and had it repaired successfully. I would be glad to share my experience with you if it will help, but it might be more appropriate through e-mail. This topic is old so I will leave it at that for now. Let me know if you (or any one else) want more information.
|