Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Hida Scan painful ?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I am 20 years old and have never really been sick, not even the flu. I always thought I was very fortunate. Now they think I have an infection in my gall bladder. I had an ultrasound and blood work done but nothing irregular was detected. I am going to have an hida scan done Thursday morning. I was researching online and talking with one of my friends who has gone through this about what the test is. It seems pretty harmless until I read someone's post about it being painful. So I just thought I'd ask for any information that would be helpful. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 20th, 2010
No HIDA Scans are generally not painful. I am an RN and had one yesterday. They are excellent for looking specifically at Gallbladder function. Some people may experience a little nausea or symptoms like a GB attack after they infuse CCK which causes your gallbladder to contract.
|
Did you find this post helpful?