Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Hiccup/burp

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
For as long as I can remember, whenever I get the hiccups I burp at the same time. I don't get the hiccups often, so it's not a daily occurrence, but when I do get them I always burp with every hiccups. It's gotten to the point where it actually hurts my chest.
I have a history of Acid Reflux Disease, as well as a Hiatal Hernia. I figured there's a connection, but then again, what do I know?
Continuing on though, not only do I hiccup/burp, but my heart burn get's bad as well during it. Sometimes when I hiccup/burp I throw up in my mouth, which I'm used to, as it normally just goes back down my throat like usual. But the last time I had the hiccups (5 minutes ago) I actually spit up on myself (not cool) and had to get up a few times because I feared that it was about to happen again.
I'm on this blue pill that I take every morning fifteen minutes before breakfast that greatly reduces my heart burn and such, but once I get the hiccups my heartburn sky rockets.
I just want to hiccup like everyone else, not burp and nearly throw up.
I'm fifteen, I'm not over weight, and I'm 5'6". Besides my asthma, acid reflux, and hernia I'm completely healthy. I don't eat fast, and I generally don't talk much when I eat.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 18th, 2011
Hiccup and Burp at the same time.
I do this too, but not to the extent as bad as you. I have done it all my life. I do get heartburn at times and I take the over the counter meds like tums and pepcid but it still happens from time to time. I lowered the occurances of it by not overeating and lowering my drinking of alcohol...
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2012
Kegann, how long has this been going on? I mean the food coming up?
|