Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Hiatus Hernia only symptom nausea?

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
User Profile
I was recently diagnosed with a hiatus hernia and osophogitis (however it is spelt!) but I don't have the usual symptoms of a hiatus hernia like the acid reflux or pain after eating. I just seem to have nausea all day everyday. I keep asking doctors what I can do or why I feel so sick all the time but they can never really shed any light on the situation for me.

Is it normal to be feeling sick all the time, is it the hiatus hernia? Or could it be from something else?

I also have an unidentified pain around my gallbladder but an ultrasound test showed I didn't have gallstones, so doctors stopped looking into this and put it down to being an inflammed nerve???

Does anyone have any answers for me Sad x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 8th, 2011
First of all, you poor thing, what an awful way to have to feel. I would definately suggest you change doctors and ask for an immediate referral to a gastroeneteroligist for further testing. Its totally unacceptable that the doctor should leave you this way or expect you to put up with it ! I bet they wouldn't. You could try taking losec which can be supplied on prescription or brought over the counter, this may help you until you can get further treatment. Take care and all the best. Let me know how you get on. Smile
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2011
Hi, thanks for your reply. I was able to see a consultant up at the hospital 26th May. They said I may have a problem with food I am eating everyday or I could have a problem where the bad bacteria in my body is overwhelming the good which could make me feel really poorly. She said this because I have had quite a few illnesses since january such as numerous bugs and oral thrush from antibiotics quite a few times. They also sais it is very hard to say why I am feeling sick as it could be a number of things. I am being sent for a CT scan tomorrow so maybe that will shed a little light but she said if that comes back clear she will refer me back to my doctor for investigation. Im only having a ct scan of my abdominal area. Once I got home I decided to google bad bacteria overwhelming the good and it came up with dysbiosis. For treatment it was avoiding types of food and making sure your geting all the right food and since I cut out milk and dairy products my sickness has stayed away or gone very mild. I tried a glass of wine the other night to see if I could drink again as everytime before I felt sick and it went down ok but the next day I had the same sickness back again. So I'm not really sure maybe I do have an overgrowth of yeast in my body making me sick or other bad bacteria.
|

replied July 3rd, 2011
There is a great book called The Yeast Connection that you should read. It helped me tons after my H. Pylori treatment. But I do suspect that I now have a hiatal hernia since I have upper ab pressure and nausea. The book should really help even if you do have a HH.
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2011
Well I know I have a hiatus hernia and an inflammed esophagus. I was given omeprazol and just felt sick every single day kept going back to consultants and had a ct scan done. They couldn't find anything on that and suggested that I stop my medication and see if that helps and within four days I stopped feeling so sick but then after a week or so I had terrible stomach pain that would make my chest feel bad to so now I'm just taking one omeprazol tablet to keep my stomach ok. Thimgs are going ok so far so fingers crossed this works
|

replied December 28th, 2011
constant nausea
Hello My mom has recently been diagnosed with gerd and a hiatus hernia,although we dont know which kind.She is terribly nauseaus all day except the mornings.She takes lansoprozole twice a day and all sorts of sickness medication.She is elderly and has a complex history,however the nausea is making her terribly depressed.Gastroscopy showed a hernia and gastritis. A recent ct scan with iv contrast has worsened her problems and she is feeling very unwell.When I asked her gp if the hernia could be the cause he was not sure.She sits upright at night and her acid is better but she is so ill with the constant nausea any ideas?
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2011
Just a thought...this happened to me and it was the medication making me feel more nauseous. I was on ompeprazol which is practially the same drug and when I took myself off it I felt so much better. There are certain foods that will help with acid reflux. If you go on google and type in the food hospital (which has been on channel. In england) they have been treatingpeoples illnesses with food and having great sucess. You should check the website outm 4
|