Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Hiatal Hernia or Cancer?

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
Hi all,

I think I might have a hiatal hernia or stomach cancer. Symptoms are: Upper abdominal pain, esophagus pain, ileocecal valve pain, and mild flank pain. Also I've been having an upset stomach, feel weak/tired often and have a swollen lymph node under my chin on the right side. I've had this pain for 2 months since a night of drinking too much and vomiting, but it has recently (1 week ago) gotten worse. I can feel a weird pressure when I breathe almost all the time now.

My doctor thought it was gastritis and just now FINALLY agreed to refer me to a gastroenterologist so its gonna be a while before I can get help :(

My symptoms seem to fall somewhere between a hernia and cancer, so I was wondering if any of you had input or perhaps a way I could test to see if I have a hernia? I've heard you can massage a hernia to help correct it?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|