Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

hiatal hernia and weight loss

User Profile
hi as anyone lost a lot of weight with all the pain from hernias?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 25th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Yes...Sad
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2008
Experienced User
did you manage to put the weight back on? i have lost a lot of weight with it .do you have a lot of trouble with your hernia like upper back burning and aching?
|

replied August 13th, 2008
hiatal hernia - chiropractic care! WORKS
I had back pain. Pain in my chest. Trouble breathing. Feeling of lump in my throat. My chiropractor found out I had a hiatal hernia and he manually pulled my stomach down where it belongs. Instantly I felt releif. I could breath better. I want everyone to know about this because I know how severe the pain can get. It is awful!! My chiropractor says that eventually it will heal if we keep the stomach down.
|

replied August 7th, 2009
hishealth

I have had hearburn and symptoms similar to those you describe. I suspect a hiatal hernia and will be having an endoscopy in a week to confirm. I am interested in learning whether you have had continued relief through chiropractic manipulation. This sounds logical to me but my GI doc was skeptical. Look forward to hearing from you.
|

replied August 15th, 2010
Hiatus Hernia Op and weight gain
i'm booked in for an op on my Hiatus Hernia. ever since i had it i have gained a lot of weight, is this due to the Hernia and will i lose it when i have the corrective surgery?

Eddy
|
Tags: hernia, weight, loss
Quick Reply