Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Introduce Yourself Forum

Hey everyone! hello!

User Profile
I joined last week but I never came here so I thought I would introduce myself wave

I'm Christy, I'm 24 though it doesn't feel like it! I've been through a lot but I try to flip positives into negatives. My faith in Christ is the reason I'm here. I do photography. My favorite scenes to capture are nature and concerts. I love to volunteer. In the past I've helped out with the ASPCA, Colonial Virginia (to keep kids interested in our history and it's fun), our rescue mission for women and I love to talk to people and learn in general. I love NAMI!

I help promote music. Only music with a message our generation can learn from. My real home is in NY so I visit with musicians who are unsigned and check out their demos. The music industry is crazy but I found my passions =] I love to write lyrics, poetry, anything.

Everyone on my mother's side of the family has a form of mental illness. We understand each other but my father's side..not so much. I've learned to research everything I can about mental illness and drugs.
I'm interested in: addiction, mental illness, the power of faith, kidney and liver function, any topic I want to know more about or can help out in.
I love this site! I've never seen a health forum with so many caring, helpful people and how supportive everyone is. Thank you luvcomp
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2010
Hey there! My dad's side of the family has mental illness, especially bipolar disorder. My mom's side has some as well. I show signs of it all the time, but God has given me a peace that defies understanding. I still have addictions and other problems, but He is always there for me no matter what. May He keep and bless you for eternity!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
God bless you and Thank you so much! God has gotten me through soo much I don't think I'd be here without Him. It's nice to hear how God has helped you. There's nothing He can't do Smile
|

User Profile
Christy... I'm speachless here for a moment. Because I already responded to your post about your problem with your brother in law, and the one about being over medicated and I came here to learn a little more about you... and OMG... go read my profile (the extended profile thingy)...

It's ridiculous the things we have in common!! I've done concert and nature photography for years. For some pretty good bands actually. My poetry is published all over. I study medicine, have for years! I used to work in the vetrinary industry... and when I win my court case I will go back to school for human medicine (minor in seminary) how odd of a combo! So it's like... almost everything you've written here is written in my bio lol... SO WEIRD.

God is a funny guy. I love His sense of humor!!! I also like to ready posts from "Heyyo" as well lol... you are the only two I've talked to on this forum... there are NO coincidences in this world. Just awesome little easter eggs God has hidden in the neatest places for us all to find!!!

This made my day!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hello, and welcome to all three of you. One of the things I love about this site is how quickly and easily you can connect with others. I still keep in touch with several people I met in my first week here.
I hope you are enjoying exploring the site and reading posts. Please let me know if you have any questions.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thank you thank you! Smile I'm enjoying this site very much there's so much to learn and so many amazing people here Smile
|