Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Herpes??

Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....
I developed some bumps on the shaft of my penis and I'm worried it could be herpes. I looked into other signs and symptoms of herpes and I have never had anything else. I can't afford to go to a doctor right now so I'm turning to the internet! I was hoping someone could tell me something about herpes and if you always have other signs and symptoms or if these bumps can be all you see. They don't seem to have any puss or anything inside them and they have never itched or hurt or anything. They're just there! Someone please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the bumps that you describe and possibility of Herpes without examining them. Sometimes you can remain asymptomatic even though you have the infection. The infective status is detected after you develop skin/genital lesions. Consider visiting your doctor/urologist for thorough examination and further investigations to look for the underlying cause. Get started on appropriate treatment as indicated by examination and investigation results. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/urologist and report any unusual/new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.