Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Herpes Simplex Virus II

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
Dear experts,

I have HSVII, and it's frequent re-appear getting quite annoying. I have browse through the internet and read few studies and literatures. To my belief, is that there's no cure for this. If so, what am I suppose to do to make the re-appearence of the HSV less frequent or NEVER (if possible). I am OK with anything, taking frequent antiviral medication if I have to, doing electric shock therapy if that works... anything. Please anyone out there that having the same problem or experts, any advise.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
When did you have your initial episode?
Have you been checked for the quality of your immune system?
Are you suffering from other genital infections?

The standard, effective and specific treatment for genital herpes is antiviral therapy, that can be used in two ways, first, to treat outbreaks as they happen to shorten the duration and help speed healing, second, to reduce the number of outbreaks suffered or prevent them completely.
|

replied May 29th, 2008
My initial episode was sometime a year ago... well at first it didn't occur that much, but lately, after one episode, a week of recovery, another came out, and you know it is quite irritating. I went to the doctor, and they did prescribe to me an antivirus for this, but it is like I have to take it 5 times a day, and it make me nauseous (and it is not due to the side effect Razz). Anyway FYI, I am HIV+... but my immune system still normal and my CD4 still at about 750 (for a normal person CD4 level at between 500-1000 - so that's what the doctor told me).

Anyway, I have been taking doses of virgin coconut oil, and I believe it is undercontrol (God's Will) No more outbreak, since after three weeks ago... and it is quite a relief for me.

Is there any other method of treatment, where you can eliminate it totally from your life... :p I have been reading and browsing through the literature and studies made through the internet... There's quite many findings on how to eliminate this disease or else minimise it... If so, why people still have problems with it?
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Usually, four attacks occur in the following year after the initial onset.
After that, recurrences may decrease in both severity and frequency (but, the virus stays dormant in your body, you can't eliminate the virus completely)
Anything that lowers your immune system or causes local injury (friction or damage to the skin) can trigger recurrences.
Prolonged periods of stress, exposure to ultraviolet light , are, all factors that can trigger episodes of lesions.

Which specific antiviral drug you were taking?
|