Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Hernia Repair with Mesh Complications?

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
I had surgery about 5-6 years ago on an inguinal hernia. It was repaired with mesh. Ever since that I have experienced pain where the hernia was, almost worse than what the original hernia was. I have been back to my surgeon numerous times over the years, and he says that the only thing there is to do is to come in every year or twice a year and get cortisone shots. I have got about 5 sets of cortisone shots, and the pain always comes back. It has effected my exercising, it hurts to the touch, it hurts wearing certain jeans... it hurts bending over... and sometimes it is so bad it hurts to walk... or do things normal people should. I just had a baby in September and now the pain has come back, and I want to know if I should keep on getting the cortisone shots, or try to find a new doctor, or what I should do. I want the pain gone, and I am only 23 and do not want to have to get those shots my whole life. They bruise and leave a horrible coloring on my skin.. and I hate it! I have talked to 2 other doctors who say the same thing.. that it is just pain that I have to deal with. If anyone has any advice or has any ideas as to what I should do I would love to hear it! Thank you for your time!
Did you find this post helpful?
|