Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Hernia repair healing ?

User Profile
Hey there ok i had a right side inguinal hernia repaired 2 months ago to date and im not sure if its healing?
i didnt have keyhole i had the other kind i have a nice long scar. yeah its been 2 months and i still feel some discomfort in the right testicle and on the right side where it was repaired. i havent felt it pop through like it used to but i ts still abit uncomfortable and especially during sex. how long can it take for a full recovery or have i done something wrong and need to fix it again? i didnt do any strenuous activities untill a month after. thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2009
Hernia Answer A7655
Hello and welcome to eHealth Forum!

Inguinal hernia repair is vulnerable to recurrence. You may not have resumed vigorous activities otherwise but sex too is a strenuous activity. Surgeries that involve inguinal repairs at times need more than 4-6 weeks time for complete healing. Infact complete healing occurs after 6 months and strenuous activities are allowed after 3 months. You should consult your surgeon regarding this. Some allow their patients to resume sexual activity earlier if they feel confident that the scar has healed well.

There is a chance you have a recurrence of hernia. The other possibility is persistence of infection. It is difficult to comment on net without examining you. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.