Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Hernia pain with arousal/erection (pre-surgery)

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
I was diagnosed with an inguinal hernia a few months back. The doctor told me that as long as it didn't cause unbearable pain, I was fine to wait (indefinitely) to have it surgically repaired. So, for the foreseeable future, I'm living with it because it doesn't really bother me.

The last few days I've noticed that when I'm sexually aroused I get pain in the area slightly below where my hernia bulge is. Is this normal? A sign of a complication? Something to be aware of? It's not unbearable pain, but it's noticeable and the type that is very, very uncomfortable mainly because it feels different (not worse) than normal pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
|