Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Hernia or Kidney Stones, or what?

Must Read
More than a million people get kidney stones in the US annually. But what is a kidney stone? How many types of kidney stones are diagnosed?...
Can kidney stones be avoided? Learn the common causes and factors that can put you at risk of developing a kidney stone here....
How do you know if flank pain is caused by kidney stones? Learn to identify the common signs and symptoms of kidney stones in this section....
Hey all, I have scoured the internet and have come up empty handed except feeling scared. Heres the condition..

I woke up late for work Monday morning (two days ago) and had to use the bathroom (#2) pretty bad but was in a hurry. I have done this before w/ no problem and later on that day at work I started feeling like I had swallowed a rock. My first though was kidney stone. I had never had them before and no one in my family had them before but my wife gets them quite frequently.. I am 21 years old.

I thought it was Kidney stones because it was a discomfort (not a pain at all) in my abdomen, right below my rib cage and all the way to my back, where the kidney sits. SO I started drinking a LOT of water and naturally I started peeing alot. I have sit down job so it made it easy not to get to uncomfortable during the day. Like I said, though, NO PAIN at all, just discomfort like there was a rock in my abdomen/ side/back. It didn't hurt when I pee either

Then I started researcing the internet. Bad idea. So last night I start reading about hernias and how it can make a hole in my bowels and cause my organs to basically get swallowed in the hole and cause me to die if I don't get it looked at and have surgery. But like I said it is no pain at all and I think I may have just worried myself. but the symptoms sound the same. No pain...same spot..started after I went to the bathroom.

I went to bed last night and thought I would just go to the Dr and see what he could say about it. I can't really afford it right now, but I didn't want to die either. Well this morning it was gone. No bump feeling in my abdomen, nothing. SO i figured it was just a muscle pain or strain or something in my bowels. I shrugged it off and came to work instead of the Dr today. It has gotten worse today than it was this morning but so far it is probably 50% less of an issue than it was yesterday. Still no pain just a small marble type feeling in my abs/back.

I know most of you will just tell me to get it checked out, which I know, but is there any hope that it is just muscle cramping inside the bowels? I have no went to the bathroom as of yet, I don't usually have to go every day (the way I have always been) and it honestly just feels like the muscle I flex to "push" has discomfort when I flex that muscle. Any ideas??
Did you find this post helpful?
|