Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Hernia or abdominal muscle strain?

Two weeks ago I niticed a slight soreness in my muscle two inches bellow and to the right of my belly button that goes down to the groin and as the day went on it got worse, to the point i couldnt pick up anything off the floor over 20lbs. The next day I noticed a ache in my right testicle and that the left side muscle was starting to hurt also. I had to push on the muscles when I coughted to keep it from hurting. The pain got worse over the next few day then got better and has been a dull ache in the right muscle and occasional ache in the right testicle and only sometimes hurts on the left side of my body. lifting stuff hurts and coughing hurts a little bit. I am overweight so i really cannot see a bulge or feel one. Would Hernia pains come in slowly or would they be just BAM, pain? I dont have health insurance as of right now so i cant afford to go see a doctor about this. I also have been expierencing kidney pain but i think thatcomes from something else. Thanx
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Mickey427
|

replied March 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi and Welcome
Hi there and welcome to the site.

I have had a couple hernias, I am not a doctor but it sounds like it is a hernia. Is there a clinic that you can go to, a place that will see you on a sliding fee or no cost fee based on your income to get a diagnosis?
You can look into social services most states (if you are from the USA) have clinics such as the one I mentioned above. If it is indeed a hernia please be aware of the complications from mesh used in hernia repairs.
The pain does get worse at night, at least it did for me.
What kidney problems are having?
If you'd like to pm me feel free to do so.
|

replied March 9th, 2009
hernia or abdominal muscle strain??
I play competitive soccer. The season is reaching its peak and I cant help but think about the nagging pain in my abdomin. The pain does not impede me from doing day to day things. It barely even hurts when I run and I have managed to play a couple of games on it but the pain is getting progressively worse. However it does hurt slightly when i cough and sneeze. I do not have a bulge and even had an ultra sound taken by the club's doctor, he said i dont have any clear signs of hernia. However the club physio insists that I rest for a couple of weeks as he fears it could be the begining of hernia. What do you suggest?? Do you thinks its hernia or just a bad abdominal strain caused my too much training?
|

replied December 29th, 2010
Ahhh i see. Right now, im in the same boat as u were last year.
Have u recovered? Cos right now, i kind off desperate to heal it. I m an avid soccer player.
|

replied December 9th, 2011
Hey bud. Im in the same boat you and andrew were in last year. What did you do and how are you? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, Bill
|